Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rhoda has crossed the rainbow bridge

I had to put Rhoda down on May 25th. She had lost five pounds -- and she was a big girl, very gaunt, and couldn't breathe or eat.

As hard as it was for me, I couldn't watch her suffer any more.

As Deni said, "He never saw a cat who loved anyone as much as she loved me".

She is buried outside my kitchen window with her brother, Buddy, and other cats.

Sometimes, I just have to go out and light a candle at her grave and sit with her.

There never will be another Rhoda.

And even though Wean is still here, he is not Rhoda.

I miss her so much! And always will!

3 Comments:

At June 13, 2008 at 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so sorry to hear about Rhoda! Me and the ol' lady certainly know how it feels to lose a pet, it's like losing a family member...................It is losing a family member!

Was good seeing you in Burbank (AALA).

Oh, and before we forget. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. SUE"
We know it falls on Flag Day, because as the old saying goes: It happened on Flag Day, because that was the day they put out the flags"! (of course I'm paraphrasing here). So again Ms. Terry Sue, have your self a very berry Happy Birthday!!!!!

 
At July 12, 2008 at 5:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Rhoda and hope you and your Queen remain connected in the Spiritual realm. You are a brave man and a good daddy to help her get back to her HP!
I have a 15 year old who is fading and my heart is with you.

martha s

 
At November 10, 2008 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home